Peanut Butter Fudge Bars have a layer of chocolate sweetened condensed milk fudge nestled between two layers of irresistible peanut butter cookies! Check out my shortcut for making these cookies in just a few minutes with a handful of ingredients!
Raise your hand if you want cookies and just don’t have time to make them? That’s me too! I’ve solved that problem for you because this recipe is made with store-bought cookie dough! It doesn’t get any easier than that and I promise nobody will ever know because these are amazing!
This is an award-winning recipe! I actually won a Kitchen Aid mixer with these! Part of winning meant that I had to make these cookies for the whole Junior High at our school! Don’t worry, that’s only about 100 kids!
We all know that peanutbutter and chocolate is the BEST combination! To get even more of it check out No-Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies, Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sauce, Fudgy Peanut Butter Banana Brownies, Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies, Peanut Butter Popsicles, Classic No Bake Cookies, Peanut Butter Pretzel Bark, and Peanut Butter Popcorn.
How to Make Peanut Butter Fudge Bar Cookies
If you are feeling ambitious go ahead and use your favorite homemade peanut butter cookie recipe! If you’re feeling frazzled and short on time please don’t feel guilty about skipping taking a shortcut and using a package of cookie mix (Betty Crocker or Pillsbury are great) or a tube of cookie dough from the fridge section of the grocery store! After one bite you’ll feel better about it anyway!
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick baking spray.
STEP 2: Mix cookie dough according to package directions. Spread ½ of it on the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Set aside.
STEP 3: Make the fudge layer. Add sweetened condensed milk, butter, and chocolate chips to a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until all ingredients are melted and combined. Add vanilla. Pour over the first layer of peanut butter cookie dough. You can add chopped walnuts or pecans to add crunch if you want!
STEP 4: Add the top layer of dough. Drop remaining dough over fudge layer. I like to drop it in about Tablespoon sized pieces. You can flatten the pieces out before setting them on the fudge layer if you like. Don’t worry about having spots of the fudge layer that are still exposed. It will be just fine!
STEP 5: Bake for 25 minutes.
STEP 6: Cool. Remove from pan and cut into squares. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2-3 days.
Grab my Peanut Butter Fudge Bars Recipe!
Add this to the top of your easy desserts list! I really can’t wait for you to try them! The kids at the Junior High were in love with them and I’m pretty sure the kids you live with will be too! And when these are gone in less than 24 hours check out these other easy dessert bars and cookies recipes!
Easy Bar Cookies Recipes
- Cake Mix Butterscotch Cookies – made in a sheet pan
- Salty Crunchy Bars – a no bake recipe
- Chocolate Crispy Treats – loaded with chocolate
- Oatmeal Fudge Bars – more fudge between layers of oatmeal cookies
Easy Cookie Recipes
- Soft and Thick Snickerdoodles – the best snickerdoodles on the planet
- Smores Cookies – all the goodness without the fire
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies – Soft and filled with chocolate
- Turtle Cookies – chocolate caramel cookies
- Brownie Cookies – the best of both worlds
- Coconut Cookies – made with pudding
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies – thick and chewy
No go grab the ingredients and make Peanut Butter Fudge Bars and let me know what you think of these cookies!
Peanut Butter Fudge Bars
For the Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
- 2 packages peanut butter cookie mix (about 17.5 ounces each)
- 3 Tbsp vegeatable oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 egg
For the Chocolate Fudge Layer
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick baking spray.
- Mix cookie dough according to package directions using the egg, vegetable oil, and water. ,Spread ½ of it on the bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, butter, and chocolate chips to a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until all ingredients are melted and combined. Add vanilla. Pour over first layer of peanut butter cookie dough.
- Drop remaining cookie dough over fudge layer. I like to drop it in about Tablespoon sized pieces. You can flatten the pieces out before setting them on the fudge layer if you like. Don’t worry about having spots of the fudge layer that are still exposed. It will be just fine!
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cut in to squares.