You only need two ingredients (plus sprinkles) and about 10 minutes to make a batch of easiest-ever Almond Bark Puffcorn! It’s a salty sweet, easy snack that you won’t be able to quit eating!
My friend made almond bark puffcorn for a party and I was immediately hooked! She kind of laughed when she shared the recipe because it was so easy! You are going to LOVE how easy puff corn snacks are to make!
Almond Bark Puff Corn is one of those recipes I only allow myself to make when I’m taking it to a party.
White chocolate puffcorn is so addicting I will munch the whole batch myself if I’m left alone with it! Sometimes it’s called “puffcorn crack”!
Table of contents
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- So Yummy– Everyone that tries this snack goes nuts for it! Be prepared to share the recipe!
- Quick and Easy- You need to microwave and stir to make this recipe! That’s it! It will take you about 10 minutes from start to finish!
- Customizable- It’s so easy to customize this puff corn recipe for any holiday! Switch up the color of sprinkles to match Christmas, Fourth of July, or fall.
This is the perfect snack to sprinkle with Christmas sprinkles, put in a cellophane bag, and gift to neighbors, teachers, or friends.
You’ll need two simple ingredients to make this Almond Bark Puffcorn!
- Puff Corn – I like Chesters butter flavor
- Almond Bark – I prefer vanilla almond bark wafers vs almond bark brick or bar. Wafers are smaller and melt faster and more evenly.
- Sprinkles – optional
What is puff corn?
- Puffcorn has the same light, puffy, and airy texture as cheese puffs.
- Almost melts in your mouth.
- Tastes similar to regular popcorn, but has a completely different texture.
- Comes in different flavors; original, butter, and cheese.
Where to Buy Puffcorn?
You can buy puff corn at your local grocery store. Look for it in the chips aisle.
Some stores have a generic brand or their own brand, such as Great Value. I feel like it’s worth it to spend a little more on Chester’s because the flavor is better and the pieces are bigger.
White Chocolate vs Almond Bark
You might be wondering if you can use white chocolate chips instead of almond bark.
Yes, you can. You can either use 100% almond bark, 100% white chocolate chips, or 50% white chocolate chips and 50% almond bark. Using all white chocolate chips will be thicker making it a little harder to coat the puff popcorn.
- Ingredients- White chocolate is made from cocoa butter, sugar, and milk solids. Almond bark is made with vegetable fats (no almonds)
- Purpose- White chocolate is to be used when it doesn’t need to be melted, such as cookies, cheesecakes, etc. Almond bark is ideal to use as a coating because it melts well.
- Taste- White chocolate is creamier and richer. Almond bark is thinner and less rich.
- Interchangeable- Most of the time white chocolate and almond bark are interchangeable. Almond bark is ideal to use as a coating.
This recipe couldn’t be easier! I want to share a couple of tips so you can learn how to make it perfectly!
Scroll to the bottom of this post for the printable recipe card with full instructions.
Prep- Line a baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
Melt Almond Bark- Add almond bark (break up the almond bark if you’re using squares) to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until the white chocolate is smooth and creamy. Be careful not to overcook the chocolate.
Add Puffcorn- Add puff corn to the melted almond bark and gently fold the puff corn until it’s coated with the almond bark.
Cool- Spread the almond bark coated puffed corn on the prepared cookie sheet. Spread it into a single layer.
Decorate – Add sprinkles before the white chocolate hardens.
Tips for Success
Some people find it easier to coat the puff corn if they drizzle the melted chocolate over the puffcorn. I like adding the puff corn to the melted chocolate so I only have to wash one bowl! Be sure to use a large bowl!
Pour the bag of puffcorn into a big bowl. Pour half of the melted chocolate over the corn puffs. Stir. Pour the other half of the melted bark over the puffcorn. Stir.
It’s fun to switch this recipe up for different holidays, a baby shower, or parties!
- Different colored sprinkles
- Colored sanding sugar
- Add dried cranberries
- Add festive holiday candies
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes
- Flavored extracts such as peppermint extract, orange, raspberry
- Use milk chocolate instead of white chocolate
Store leftover white chocolate puff corn in an airtight container for up to a week.
Other Easy No-Bake Treats
It’s always good to have a few quick and easy snack or dessert recipes for the holiday season that you know the whole family will love! Here are a few of our favorite super easy recipes!
- Five Minute Caramel Bugles
- Microwave Caramels
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies
- No Bake Salted Caramel Cookies
- Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake
Easy Almond Bark Puffcorn Crack Recipe
- 7 ounces butter flavor puffcorn (Chester's)
- 16 ounces almond bark cut into pieces
- Line a baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
- Add almond bark (break up the almond bark if you’re using squares) to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until the white chocolate is smooth and creamy. Be careful not to overcook the chocolate. It will keep melting as you stir it.
- Add puff corn to the melted almond bark and gently fold the puff corn until it’s coated with the almond bark.
- Spread the almond bark coated puffed corn on the prepared cookie sheet. Spread it into a single layer.
- Add sprinkles before the white chocolate hardens.
This post was originally written in 2013 and updated in 2023 with new images and tips!