S’mores Cookies are the answer for those of us that love everything about campfire s’mores, without the hassle of the fire! Graham crackers are added right in the dough, then it’s loaded with melty chocolate, and topped with gooey marshmallows! Life doesn’t get much better than this!
Little Dairy on the Prairie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
How to enjoy S’mores all year long!
We have a fire pit in our back yard and we LOVE it! Roasting hotdogs and s’mores in the summer is such a fun activity. Of course the best part is sitting around the fire chatting and teasing the boys about girls! And every backyard fire ends with small fight to see who gets to put the fire out.
Since we live in Eastern Idaho, and it’s cold here for about eight months of the year we don’t get to enjoy that fire pit as much as we’d like.
And I have to admit, I do miss s’mores…like a lot! So much that plain old microwaved s’mores are one of my favorite winter time desserts. Oh, and Microwave S’mores Chocolate Mug Cake, S’mores Energy Bites, Caramel S’mores Cookies, and S’mores Smoothies are pretty popular around here too!
The other day my friend Allison, the talented blogger behind Tornadogh Alli, sent me a copy of her brand new cookbook, Untraditional Desserts! The moment I saw her recipe for these S’mores Cookies it moved straight to the top of my baking list! There are so many other recipes I’m dying to try; Lemon Poppyseed Cookies, Lemon Meringue Pie Bars, Sugar Cookie Brownies, and a whole bunch more!
You guys, I know S’mores are usually a treat reserved for the summer, by why not enjoy them all year long? Cookie season is in full swing and these S’mores Cookies deserve a spot on your holiday cookie trays!
S’mores Cookies is an easy recipe!
You know those cookie recipes that have about a million steps; brown butter, chill dough, etc? Annoying right!
Not with these cookies! They have all the normal cookie ingredients, plus graham cracker crumbs to give the cookies that unmistakable s’mores flavor! No chilling, no browning, no waiting!
Aren’ they pretty? I know you want to steal a warm, gooey cookie right off the cooling rack and when you do it will remind you of the origional straight from the campfire! But without the fuss this time!
S’mores Cookies Recipe – Plus More
If you have bakers on your Christmas list, even if that baker is you, grab Allisons brand new cookbook Untraditional Desserts 100 Classic Treats with a Twist. You’ll find yourself drooling with every single turn of the page! It’s packed with recipes from these categories.
- Outrageous Out-Of-The-Box-Cakes (Lemon Bar Lave Cakes are happening SOON)
- Extraordinary Cheesecakes and Pies (Apple Crispy Cheesecake sounds dreamy)
- Tasty Take Along Bars, Brownies, and Blondies (Bring on Muddy Buddy Brownies)
- Inventive Cookies (Hello S’mores Cookies)
- Captivating Cupcakes (Almond Joy Cupcakes- one of my favorite candy bars in a cupcake! Can’t wait)
- Sweet Beginnings (Um, what sounds better than Snickerdoodle Pancakes? Not much!)
- This and That (Cookies and Cream Pizza- my kind of pizza)
Every page of this cookbook is packed with recipes I’m dying to try! You’ll fall in love with Alli’s gorgeous photography, and her easy to follow recies! Add it to your Christmas list, grab a few for gifting! You’re going to love this cookbook!
S’mores Cookies – grab the recipe
I’ve got a stack of cookies on my plate, a glass of ice cold milk, and I’m headed to get cozy by my wood burning fire place! Grab the recipe or pin it for later! Enjoy!
- 1 c. unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 12 oz bag Semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 1/2 c. mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Add chocolate chunks. Mix until combined.
- Drop dough by rounded Tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheet. (My cookies spread quite a bit, so leave plenty of space). Bake for 10 minutes. Edges should be slightly golden brown.
- Remove cookies from oven and press a few marshmallows in the tops of each cookie.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.