Icebox Cake with peaches is the best no-bake summer dessert! It’s an old-fashioned recipe that has luscious layers of peaches, whipped cream, and graham crackers!
You can use peach pie filling or fresh peach slices!
During the summer we’re always working in the fields, or outside with the cows. These are the days when recipes have to be quick and easy to make the cut.
I’m telling you, this icebox fruit cake makes the cut! It’s at the top of the list!
Little Dairy on the Prairie Pro Tip: I love making this cake with homemade peach pie filling. If you don’t have time to make it use store-bought. Or you can simply use sliced fresh peaches instead of pie filling.
Why I Love This Summer Dessert:
- Everyone goes crazy for this cake! It’s so tasty!
- This dessert is better made ahead of time and I love prepping ahead of time.
- 3 ingredients and easy instructions. Whip it up in about 10 minutes!
- It’s a fun spin on peaches and cream!
What’s in an Icebox Cake:
Icebox cakes usually have really simple ingredients. There’s always some kind of crust. Usually a graham cracker crust, Vanilla Wafer, or chocolate cookie crumb crust.
Then there is a filling. Sometimes it’s made with pudding, sometimes cream cheese, or whipped cream.
And for fruit icebox cakes there has to be some variety of fruit!
Here’s the run down of ingredients in this icebox cake.
- Graham Crackers: Use vanilla wafers if you’d like.
- Whipped Cream: I suggest whipping fresh cream, but you can use whipped topping from the freezer section if you want.
- Peach Pie Filling: I love my homemade Peach Pie Filling but you can totally use store-bought if you don’t want to take time to make it from scratch. You can also simply use sliced fresh peaches in its place.
How To Make Ice box Cake:
- Spread whipped cream in the bottom of a pan.
- Set a layer of graham crackers over the whipped cream layer.
- Spread with peach pie filling.
- Repeat layers two more times ending with whipped cream.
Little Dairy on the Prairie Pro Tip: As the icebox cake sits in the refrigerator the graham crackers will soak up some of the moisture from the peaches and the whipped cream and become like cake. Be sure to make the dessert ahead of time.
More No-Bake Dessert Recipes:
Icebox cake recipes are old-fashioned summer desserts. Here are a few more no-bake summer dessert recipes:
- Banana Cream Pie with Pudding Mix
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Icebox Cake
- Strawberry Icebox Cake
- Pumpkin Icebox Cake
- Lemon Cheesecake
- Chocolate Banana Cream Pie
Icebox Cake Recipe:
No-Bake Peach Icebox Cake
- 18 graham crackers
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 3 cups pie filling I used homemade, if you don’t have it you can use a store bought can
- 1 dash ground nutmeg for garnish
- Use either homemade whipped cream (see note below) or whipped topping. Divide topping into four parts. Spread a quarter of the whipped topping to cover the bottom of a 9"x9" square pan.
- Layer graham crackers over whipped topping, breaking if necessary to make them fit.
- Spread another quarter of the whipped topping over graham crackers.
- Gently spread half of the peach pie filling over the whipped topping layer trying not to mix layers.
- Repeat steps 2, 3, and 4.
- One more (the third layer) of graham crackers.
- Finish it off with the remaining whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg if desired.
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract