How can this Banana Cream Pie Recipe so easy and yet so amazingly decadent and delicious? It tastes like an old-fashioned banana cream pie, BUT it only takes about 15 minutes to make!
It’s made with all the good stuff; sliced bananas, instant pudding mix, cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and whipped cream all in a graham cracker crust(or Nilla wafer crust if you want! Drizzle it with chocolate to make it extra special!
I feel like whenever I tell share a banana recipe I have to share a little disclaimer: I don’t really like bananas! But you know what…I LOVE this easy banana cream pie!
Although bananas aren’t my thing I LOVE cheesecake and the filling in this pie is a cross between a no bake banana cheesecake and a pudding filling. It’s heavenly!
Plus…this recipe is a no-bake, no microwave, no stove-top dessert. Seriously, so EASY!
SEE MORE: Be sure to check out my other banana recipes that even non-banana eaters love! Coconut Banana Bread, Banana Pancakes, Banana Brownies, Chocolate Banana Cream Pie, Chocolate Banana Muffins, and Strawberry Banana Bread.
Ingredients in Banana Cream Pie
It seems like everyone is looking for recipes that can be made with simple ingredients. This recipe fits the bill!
I’m going to give you some options so you can use up whatever you have in your pantry/fridge without having to go to the store!
- Graham Cracker Pie Crust – Of course, you can make a homemade crust, or just buy one from the store. Use a Nilla wafer crust, or an Orea pie crust if you’d like. I’ve made this pie with a pastry type pie crust and it’s good, but the graham cracker crust is better.
- Bananas – You want fresh bananas that are barely ripe, not over-ripe.
- Cream Cheese – I always use full fat because reduced-fat cream cheese has extra liquid making the filling less set up.
- Pudding Mix – You need INSTANT pudding mix, not the cook kind. I like the Jello brand the best. Vanilla, banana, white chocolate, or cheesecake are all great flavors for this pie. If you want a chocolate banana cream pie you can use chocolate pudding.
- Milk – 2% or whole milk
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – It’s thick and in a short can. It’s different than evaporated milk.
- Whipped Cream – I like real heavy whipped cream. You can use frozen whipped topping though.
- Garnish – These are all optional, but chocolate curls, grated chocolate, hot fudge sauce, chocolate sprinkles
How to make Banana Cream Pie
Trust me, you’ll have this recipe whipped up in less than 20 minutes! Just remember to plan on chilling time.
Scroll down to the bottom for a printable recipe and instructions.
STEP 1: Make the pudding. Whisk pudding and milk together. Set aside.
STEP 2: Make the filling. Mix room temperature cream cheese until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk and mix until smooth. Add pudding mixture to and beat again until smooth. Fold whipped cream into pudding mixture. Set aside.
STEP 4: Assemble the pie. Slice bananas and spread onto the bottom of the graham cracker crust. Gently spread pudding/cheesecake mixture over the bananas.
STEP 5: Chill Pie. Refrigerate pie for at least three hours, or overnight.
STEP 6: Garnish and Serve. Garnish pie however you’d like. Spread remaining whipped cream over the pie, or pipe whipped cream on the pie. Drizzle with hot fudge sauce, sprinkle with grated chocolate, add chocolate curls, or use fun colored sprinkles. You could also garnish with extra banana slices. Cut in slices and serve.
How long does Banana Cream Pie last?
Okay, some people will tell you it lasts in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. The bananas will turn brown about a day after you cut into the pie.
So, yes! You can make this banana cream pie ahead of time. But I wouldn’t cut into it until you are ready to serve it.
If you do have leftover pieces, be sure to cover the pie with aluminum foil, or plastic wrap. It will still taste great, just won’t be as attractive.
Other Easy No-Bake Dessert Recipes
You must love easy desserts too! Check out these favorites easy dessert recipes!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Icebox Cake – 3 ingredients
- Orange Pie – tastes like a Creamsicle
- Lemon Cheesecake – creamy and easy
- Microwave S’mores Mug Cake – takes 5 minutes to make
- Caramel Cookies – so easy
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies – salty and sweet
Now, if you’ve got a few minutes you really need to make this Banana Cream Pie Recipe! It’s a good one to let the kids help you make too!
Easy Banana Cream Pie
- 9 ounce graham cracker pie crust
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup milk whole or 2%
- 3.4 ounce vanilla pudding mix instant
- 3 cups whipped topping thawed, divided
- 2 whole bananas
- Hot fudge sauce
- Chocolate curls
- Grated Chocolate
- Walnutes, pecans, etc. chopped
- Whisk milk and pudding together. Set aside. See notes below to make homemade whipped cream instead of whipped topping.
- To make the filling mix room temperature cream cheese until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk and mix until smooth. Add pudding mixture to and beat again until smooth. Fold half of the whipped cream (about 1 1/2 cups) into pudding mixture. Set aside.
- Slice bananas into about 1/4 inch slices and set in the bottom of the graham cracker crust. Gently spread pudding/cheesecake mixture over the bananas.
- Chill Pie. Refrigerate pie for at least three hours, or overnight.
- Spread remaining whipped cream over the pie, or pipe whipped cream on the pie.
- Garnish and Serve. Garnish pie however you’d like. Drizzle with hot fudge sauce, sprinkle with grated chocolate, add chocolate curls, or use fun colored sprinkles. You could also garnish with extra banana slices. Cut in slices and serve.