This is the BEST no-bake Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake that will remind you of the old-fashioned creamsicle bar! It’s a quick and easy recipe that can be made in about 10 minutes. You’ll need 5 simple ingredients: cream cheese, orange juice concentrate, sweetened condensed milk, and whipped cream all combined to make a filling and poured in a graham cracker crust.
Orange cheesecake is fluffy and creamy and one of those desserts everyone loves! PLUS, it’s best made-ahead! That’s my kind of easy no bake dessert!
I love classic or traditional baked cheesecake, but sometimes I love no-bake cheesecakes because they’re so easy to make and practically fool-proof. No to mention super creamy and decadent! Really, I’m all about an easy no bake recipes like Banana Cream Pie with Pudding, Chocolate Banana Cream Pie, No Bake Peach Icebox Cake, and No Bake Lemon Cheesecake.
This orange cheesecake is so creamy and dreamy which makes it a great choice for the holidays, especially Easter and Christmas. But, it’s also awesome for BBQs and picnics because you don’t have to turn on the oven!
Table of contents
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- Quick and easy! You can literally make this cheesecake in about 5-10 minutes. Just be sure to make it ahead of time so it can chill.
- Simple ingredients! You’ll need normal ingredients and I have a few ideas for switching it up if you don’t have everything on hand. Oh, and it’s eggless, too.
- Make-ahead! I’m all about make ahead recipes! This one is BEST if you make it ahead of time, which is a huge lifesaver if you’re entertaining or for crazy busy days!
Ingredients and Substitutions:
Let’s talk about the options!
- Crust: I love using a premade graham cracker crust because I always keep a few on hand. They keep well in a dark cool place. Nilla wafer crust or chocolate crust made with Oreos are both great options too. You could also make it using a gingersnap crust. Feel free to make a homemade crust if you have time!
- Orange Juice: This is the frozen concentrate. You’ll thaw it before using it.
- Cream Cheese: I always recommend regular, full-fat cream cheese because I think it tastes better and because low-fat cream cheese has higher water content and can change the consistency of the pie. I prefer Philadelphia cream cheese.
- Whipped Cream: Homemade whipped cream from heavy cream is so much better than frozen whipped topping. You can use either though.
How to Make No-Bake Orange Cheesecake
You literally only need about 5-10 minutes to make this cheesecake, BUT you need at least 3 hours to let it freeze, overnight is even better. It’s an important step and it will make it much easier to slice without making it look like a melted orange creamsicle in a cheesecake!
Step 1: Add room temperature cream cheese to a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
Step 2: Add condensed milk, thawed orange juice concentrate, and vanilla extract (optional). Mix until combined.
Step 3: You can add a couple of drops of orange food coloring to really drive home that this is an orange cheesecake. It’s totally optional. TIP: I never have orange food coloring so I add two drops of yellow food coloring and 1 drop of red food coloring. Start with a little and add more until you get the color you’re looking for.
Step 4: Fold whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture. Be gentle so the whipped cream stays nice and fluffy!
Step 5: Pour cheesecake filling into a homemade graham cracker crust or prepared crust. Freeze it for at least three hours, or refrigerate for 6 hours. This will make it easier to slice.
Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before you start making the cheesecake. Otherwise, the orange cream cheesecake filling will have little lumps in it.
Condensed milk is NOT the same thing as evaporated milk. Condensed milk has had some of the liquid cooked off and has sugar added to it. It’s thick and incredibly delicious all by itself!
You can make different flavors of this cheesecake by using different kinds of juice. Lemonade and limeade are great options. I assume grape juice and fruit punch would be delicious too. Use coordinating food coloring to emphasize the flavor.
I’m sure you can get super creative with ideas, Anything that pairs with orange flavor goes. Here are a few of our favorite ways to garnish it. Oh, and it’s best to garnish it just before serving.
No bake cheesecake has to chill for several hours to set up. It’s also important to make sure the whipped cream is whipped until it has stiff peaks, then gently fold into cheesecake filling so it doesn’t deflate the whipped cream.
Yes! I always freeze this orange no bake cheesecake because it helps it to set faster. A no bake cheesecake will keep in the freezer for about 2 months. A thawed frozen cheesecake shouldn’t be frozen a second time.
As I said, I always keep this orange cheesecake in the freezer. You can keep in it and other no bake cheesecakes in the fridge for up to 5 days. I prefer eating them within 3-4 days though.
Other Orange Recipes:
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Slow Cooker Orange Drumsticks
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
- Orange Knots
- Orange Spinach Salad
No Bake Orange Cheesecake
- 1 9 inch graham cracker pie crust
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk NOT evaporated milk
- 6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- a couple drops of yellow and red food coloring
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- Beat room temperature cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and thawed orange juice concentrate. Mix until incorporated. You can also add a teaspoon of vanilla extract if you'd like. Trust me, it's good!
- OPTIONAL: Add a few drops of food coloring to make the pie filling a little more orange. I added two drops of yellow and one drop of red. Start with a few and more until the orange cheesecake filling is about the color of a creamsicle.
- Gently fold whipped topping into the orange pie filling.
- Pour pie filling into the graham cracker crust and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or freeze for at least 3 hours. I prefer freezing the pie overnight.
- Remove the cheesecake from the freezer about 5 minutes before serving. Slice into wedges. Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate curls, or chocolate sauce. Serve.
- You can easily make a homemade pie crust if you’d like.
- A chocolate pie crust is delicious.
- The cheesecake will stay firmer if it’s stored in the freezer. Keep in an airtight container or tightly wrap with foil and it will last up to three months.
- Orange cheesecake will keep in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- This is NOT the same thing as evaporated milk. It comes in a short 14-ounce can. It’s thicker than milk because most of the water has been cooked off and sugar has been added.