Melt in your mouth Ritz Parmesan Baked Chicken is every bit as moist as fried chicken, but it’s as easy as baking it right in the oven! Using Ritz, or any other butter cracker, and parmesan cheese creates a to crispy golden brown crust as it bakes while Greek yogurt locks all the juices in!
Want more scrumtious recipes? Be sure to sign up for my email subscription and I’ll send them rigth to your inbox!
My feelings about baked chicken!
You guys, this is the first baked chicken recipe I’ve added to this blog. To be honest, we don’t eat chicken very often. When we do we almost always use My Best 3 Ingredient Grilled Chicken recipe. Baked chicken usually seems rubbery and dry to me…not with this chicken though!
When I tell you this chicken recipe is completely melt in your mouth, ultra moist, and has spot on flavors that’s really saying something. Because my family isn’t the biggest baked chicken fans in the world! They gobbled this one right up!
This one is a must try chicken recipe!
Planning meals with reduced carbs.
I want to know if you serve a starch as a side dish for almost every meal?
We’ve been trying to limit our carbs a bit and it’s a huge adjustment for me. I’m used to adding Loaded Crash Potatoes, Three Cheese Mashed Potatoes, Simple Parmesan, Spinach, and Lemon Orzo, or Easy Parmesan & Garlic Dinner Rolls to every single meal. It’s the good stuff!
Vegetables are actually on of my favorite foods and they are typically included in every meal. Vegetables AND carbs. Not just vegetables. I’m having a hard time getting used to doubling up on the veggies and skipping the starches.
I know Ritz Parmesan Baked Chicken isn’t 100% keto friendly or carb free, but it’s close (I think) and that’s good enough for me! It’s completely scrumptious served with a cripsy green salad! With this recipe I didn’t really even miss those taters…at least not too bad!
How do I make ultra moist baked chicken?
The secret to keeping the chicken ultra moist in this recipe is plain Greek yogurt. Generously coat each chicken breast with plain Greek yogurt.
There are two benefits from doing this. First, it will help tenderize the chicken breasts. I don’t know the science as to why, I heard it somewhere and it works! Second, it helps seal all those juices inside as the chicken bakes. It’s magic!
How do I get a crispy crust on baked chicken?
After coating chicken in Greek yogurt, roll it in crushed Ritz crackers mixed with Parmesan cheese and parsley flakes and spices. Yes, you can use any other brand of buttery crackers. Or you can be adventerous and use any kind of cracker. Goldfish? I bet it would be tasty!
The next step is important! Set a slice of butter on each chicken breast! It will help create the most amazingly golden brown, and crispy crust ever! You can’t ever go wrong with butter!
What to serve with Ritz Parmesan Baked Chicken?
Well, like I said ealier I have a whole blog full of carb lovers side dishes to serve with this main dish! In the spirit of trying to limit that carby goodness here’s a few healthier, or at least less carby sides!
- Parmesan Roasted Green Beans
- Easy Grilled Zucchini Packet
- Marinated Cucumbers
- Tomato Herb Salad
- Buttery Garlic & Bacon Peas (please don’t tell me green peas have loads of carbs because I want to believe they don’t!)
- Dilly Dip and Salad Dressing with a relish tray
- Cheesy Broccoli and Bacon Dip with Celery Sticks or Peppers
Grab the Ritz Parmesan Baked Chicken Recipe!
This baked chicken breast recipe is definitely one to add to your rotation of favorite easy main dishes! Even my “non-chicken lovers” devoured this chicken!
Ritz Parmesan Baked Chicken
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 2 c. Ritz cracker crumbs or other buttery cracker
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes
- 3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 c. butter
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9″ x 13″ baking dish by spraying with non stick baking spray.
- Add cracker crumbs, garlic salt, seasoned salt, parsley flakes and 3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish and mix.
- Coat each side of chicken breast with plain Greek yogurt. Then roll in cracker mixture until completely coated. Set in a single layer in prepared baking dish.
- Slice butter into 16 equal slices. Add two slices to the top of each chicken breast.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Check chicken after 30 minutes of baking. If it’s completely browned cover with aluminum foil for the remainder of baking time.
- If desired sprinkle additional grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley over chicken before serving.