Hi! I’m glad you are here! I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love this side dish! The flavors are so clean and refreshing, it just the thing during the spring and summer!
Do you know what else is awesome about this recipe?
It takes just a few minutes to throw together.
You can add grilled chicken and make it a girly main dish (my boys don’t dig this for the main meal).
Leftovers are yummy! I love leftovers!
One of my very favorite things in the world is the summer and everything that goes with it. I can’t get enough of the warm sunshine, fresh fruits and veggies, lazy summer schedule, and mowing my lawn. It may sound a little crazy but I fell in love with mowing my lawn when my boys were little. Mowing the lawn was my sanity because I couldn’t hear my boys screaming while I mowed the lawn. I guess you could say it was my “quiet time”.
Anyway, the days are getting longer and summer is right around the corner. That makes me a happy girl! Do you know what else makes me happy? This Parmesan, Spinach, and Lemon Orzo make me happy. It’s packed with so many fresh flavors my mouth wants to do a little dance with every bite!
This light and summery side dish has chopped fresh spinach that gives the dish a pretty pop of green. Lemon zest and juice add a fresh and clean taste that I’m craving right now. Lastly, the nutty and salty flavors of Parmesan cheese complete the whole dish.
I can’t wait for you guys to try this!
I’m pretty sure this side dish is going to be a summer staple at our house. You are going to fall in love with how simple it is and how fresh it tastes!
- 1 c. orzo pasta
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. fresh spinach chopped
- ¾ c. Parmesan cheese grated
- ½ a lemon zest and juice more to taste
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme or a tsp fresh minced thyme
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to boil. Add orzo and reduce to heat. Simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes. The orzo will absorb most of the broth as it cooks, although you want a little remaining broth.
- Remove pasta from heat and stir in chopped spinach, cheese, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately!
This recipe was previously shared on Ella Clair Inspired!