Marshmallow fluff fruit dip is the BEST fruit dip recipe in the world! It’s a classic because it can be made in less than 5 minutes and uses 3 simple ingredients. The cream cheese gives it a bit of a tang, marshmallow cream makes it extra fluffy, and orange juice concentrate adds the best flavor!
Marshmallow fruit dip! It’s so good! Like, ditch the fruit and eat it with a spoon good!
It’s that old-fashioned fluffy fruit dip with cream cheese your grandma probably used to make. This recipe is still popular because it’s the ultimate quick and easy fruit sauce! This fluffy stuff is delish with all kinds of fresh fruit or even cookies, which I realize isn’t that healthy, but that’s not what we’re talking about here!
Table of contents
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- Quick and easy! You literally need a rubber scraper, a mixing bowl, and about 5 minutes to make marshmallow fruit dip.
- Simple ingredients! It’s easy to keep these ingredients on hand. They keep well in the fridge, pantry, or freezer too.
- Lots of variations! Leave the orange juice out. Add vanilla. Use strawberry cream cheese. Or add a little bit of dry Jell-O mix.
Marshmallow Cream Cheese Fruit Dip Ingredients:
I’m telling you, this recipe is SIMPLE! If you want to make it with just marshmallow cream and cream cheese you totally can! It will be tasty!
To try other flavor variations leave the orange juice out add one of the following:
- A teaspoon of vanilla, coconut extract, or almond extract.
- 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
- 1 tablespoon of dry Jell-O powder. Lemon, strawberry, peach, and raspberry would be yummy!
- Cream Cheese: I recommend using full fat because it has less water. You can use reduced-fat if you prefer. You can also use strawberry or mixed berry flavored cream cheese too. It will make a pink fruit dip.
- Marshmallow Fluff: Although you can make homemade marshmallow cream out of marshmallows, I don’t think it’s worth the effort in this recipe. Remember, part of the allure of this recipe is that it’s simple to make in 5 minutes!
- Orange Juice Concentrate: This is the kind of orange juice you find in a can in the freezer section of the grocery store. Use undiluted orange juice straight from the can.
How to Make Fruit Dip with Fluff:
Umm! There’s not much to explain here! This classic marshmallow fruit dip is flat-out EASY to make!
Step 1: Mix room temperature cream cheese and thawed orange juice concentrate until smooth and fluffy. You can use a handheld electric mixer or stir it by hand.
Step 2: Add the marshmallow cream and fold until incorporated.
- Be sure the cream cheese and orange juice are at room temperature before mixing. You can defrost the orange juice in a microwave safe container. The best way to bring cream cheese to room temperature is to let it rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Cutting it into 1/2 inch squares will help it soften faster.
- I like to gently fold the marshmallow fluff because so it stays nice and fluffy! Overmixing or aggressively mixing will make it not as fluffy.
Fruit dip will become lumpy if the cream cheese is too cold. That’s why it’s important to let the cream cheese and orange juice come to room temperature before mixing. To fix fruit dip with lumps mix allow the dip to come to room temperature then mix on medium-high speed with an electric mixer. You can also try mixing with an immersion blender to smooth lumps.
Store fruit dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. It may start to separate. Simply stir, then serve.
Yes! It will start to separate a little bit. Give it a stir and it’s ready to go.
What to Serve with Cream Cheese Marshmallow Fruit Dip:
Marshmallow and cream cheese are amazing together and even better dipped with all kinds of fruit and cookies! Some of our favorites fresh fruit dippers are:
- Berries: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries
- Vanilla Wafers
- Graham Crackers
- Butter Crackers (Like Ritz)
Other Simple Dip Recipes:
- Cream Cheese Salsa: 2-ingredients
- Warm Broccoli Dip: It’s loaded with cheese and bacon
- Mexican Beef Dip: A Crockpot recipe
- Dill Dip: Do yourself a favor and serve it with potato chips!
- Refried Bean Dip: Like Texas trash
- Cheese Dip: A Christmas favorite
Marshmallow Fluff Fruit Dip
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate thawed
- TIP: Be sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before making this recipe. Cold cream cheese will make the dip lumpy. We want a fluffy dip, not a lumpy dip!Using an electric mixer or a rubber spatula, Mix room temperature cream cheese and orange juice together until it's smooth and creamy.
- Using a rubber spatula fold the marshmallow fluff in until it's incorporated.
- Put in a serving dish and refrigerate for several hours. Serve with fresh fruit.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, coconut, or almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons of dry Jell-O powder (peach, strawberry, raspberry, etc)