Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip with Greek yogurt and cream cheese is light, fluffy, healthy, and it’s still insanely decadent! It’s a no-bake snack or dessert recipe that’s quick and easy to make in less than 10 minutes. This fruit dip is yummy served with strawberries, apples, pretzels, and more!
Chocolate and peanut butter were born to be together! If you’re in love with the flavor combo as much as I do, you’ll love Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, Peanut Butter Sauce, and Peanut Butter Banana Brownies!
My kids are big on dips and sauces. They love dunking their food in something. Chocolate dip happens to be one of our favorites, especially with fresh strawberries!
Why This Recipe Works:
There are so many reasons I love this dip! I’m telling you, everyone else must love it too, because it disappears at parties!
- Quick and easy! It takes less than 10 minutes to make. And most of that time is waiting for the melted chocolate chips to cool!
- Healthy! I always say “healthy” with a grain of salt, because I know it means different things to different people. This chocolate sauce is peanut butter and Greek yogurt to add protein.
- So yummy! Don’t let the idea of healthy scare you away, it’s creamy, fluffy, and decadent!
Ingredients Needed to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip:
You only need “normal” ingredients to make this dip. Since I live so far from the grocery store, I always have staples on hand. These are great items to keep stocked in the fridge and pantry.
Let’t talk about options and substitutions really quick.
- Yogurt: Greek yogurt is best because it’s thicker and has more protein than traditional yogurt. However, you can use regular yogurt if that’s what you have. The dip will be a bit thinner. Plain or vanilla yogurt will work. Plain doesn’t have sugar added. Vanilla yogurt typically does have added sugar and will make the dip slightly sweeter. Either is fine.
- Peanut Butter: I always use traditional PB. I’m guessing you could use all natural but it will be a bit drier. I like creamy peanut butter best becuase it’s smoother, but you can also use chunky if you don’t mind bits of peanuts.
- Cream Cheese: I always use original instead of reduced fat. Reduced fat has extra liquid resulting in a thinner apple dip.
How to Make Chocolate Dip:
I’m telling you…making dip is easy! There is one super simple step, it’s letting the melted chocolate cool. You don’t want to miss this step! Let’s walk through it!
STEP 1: Add chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl. Melt chips by microwaving at full power in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval until the chips are melted and smooth. Set aside to cool for about 5 minutes.
STEP 2: Meanwhile, mix peanut butter and cream cheese until fluffy.
STEP 3: Add cooled (but, still runny) melted chocolate to the peanut butter mixture. Mix until combined.
STEP 4: Add the yogurt to the chocolate mixture. Mix until incorporated.
- You could make this recipe using spoon, however, it is much easier and will be fluffier with an electric mixer. I love my handheld Kitchen Aid Mixer.
- Although this dip can be made a few hours ahead of time, it’s best right before serving. The texture will change if it’s sits for a few hours.
- It’s fun to garnish the top of the fruit dip with chocolate curls, grated chocolate, or drizzle chocolate sauce on top.
This fruit dip really is best served right after it’s made. But, it will last in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. It will start to separate and that’s okay. Stir together and before serving.
Yes! If you’d like to use 1/3 a cup of Nutella in this chocolate dip instead of chocolate chips that’s fine. No need to microwave.
If you’d like this dip even sweeter, add a few Tablespoons of powdered sugar. Start with a couple of Tablespoons, taste, and add more as desired.
Things You Can Dip in Chocolate:
The sky is the limit here! Try anything that sounds good to you! We love fruit, celery, sweets, and even salty items! Here are some of our favorite treats us for dipping.
- Strawberries (my fave)
- Sliced apples
- Ritz or other butter crackers
- Graham crackers
- Dried Fruit
Other Fruit Dips:
Be sure to check out these other dips that will make everyone in your family want to start pounding fruit!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip with Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips. Cook on high heat in 30-second intervals, stirring after each. Continue until the chips are smooth. Set aside to cool a little bit. (See note below)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and peanut butter until fluffy and smooth.
- Add the cooled chocolate to the cream cheese mixture. Beat until incorporated.
- Fold in the Greek yogurt.
tried this recipe?
Make sure to share it with me! Leave a review or tag me on Instagram
Leave a Reply