Cereal Cookies are so EASY to make since they’re a no-bake recipe! Kid’s go CRAZY for them, and adults love the classic no bake cookies combination of peanut butter and chocolate!
My kids LOVE cold cereal! They have their favorites and if I bring home a new kind they usually turn up their noses before they even try it! Kids!
This is usually when I wonder what to do with unwanted cereal? These cookies are the perfect home for them! I even add the crumbs from the bottom of the bag or box!
No Bake Cookies are seriously the BEST cookies ever! They save my life all the time because they’re so quick and easy to make.
Oh, and if you’re looking for no bake cookies without oatmeal, this is for you!
INGREDIENTS IN NO BAKE CEREAL COOKIES
I bet you already have most, if not all, of the ingredients on hand already. I’m going to give you some suggestions for substitutes just incase!
We almost always buy Malt O Meal cereal in those big old bags. My kids love it and it’s way less expensive than buying it in boxes.
- Peanut Butter – crunchy or creamy. I’ve never tried using all-natural so I can’t say how it will work.
- Granulated Sugar – I wouldn’t try brown sugar in this recipe
- Light Corn Syrup – I’ve never tried using honey in this recipe, but I’ve heard it works well in recipes like this. Substitute one cup of honey for one cup of corn syrup.
- Vanilla – It’s going to add extra flavor. You could try almond extract instead, use 1/2 tsp. Or just leave it out if you don’t have either.
- Cereal – My favorite is any chocolate malt o meal cereals (Coco-Dyna Bites, Coco Roos, or Peanut Butter Cups) You can use any non-fruity variety. Think cornflakes, Life, Special K, Chex, Cheerios, or any of those kinds of cereal.
- Chocolate Chips – Semi-sweet, or milk chocolate. You can even use a chopped up candy bar.
HOW TO MAKE COOKIES WITH CEREAL
Trust me! This is easy! There is one REALLY important thing to know though!
Little Dairy on the Prairie Pro Tip: DO NOT cook the peanut butter, corn syrup, and sugar too long! If you do the cookies will be hard!
STEP 1: Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
STEP 2: Measure cereal in a large measuring cup or bowl. Set aside.
STEP 3: Melt peanut butter, corn syrup, and sugar over medium heat only until melted and combined. This is where you have to remember to only cook it until the peanut butter is melted and smooth. Don’t bring it to a boil.
STEP 4: Remove from heat and add vanilla. Stir
STEP 5: Pour cereal into peanut butter mixture. Gently stir so the cereal doesn’t get crushed.
STEP 6: Add chocolate chips and gently stir only until they are mixed throughout the cookies. Too much stirring will make the whole thing a really chocolaty mess, which really isn’t that bad of a thing!
STEP 7: Using a cookie scoop drop cookies on a prepared baking sheet. If desired you can sprinkle the tops of cookies with sea salt. It’s yummy!
STEP 8: Let sit until cooled.
PEANUT BUTTER DESSERT RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
If you’re into recipes like these easy peanut butter cookies you’re going to love these other easy peanut butter dessert recipes too!
- Peanut Butter Popsicles – Made with Greek yogurt
- Peanut Butter Banana Brownies – best way to use brown bananas
- Pretzel Peanut Butter Bark – easy homemade candy
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies – crispy on the edges and gooey in the middle
- Avalanche Popcorn – made with puff corn
- Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sauce – perfect dessert sauce
CEREAL COOKIES RECIPE
If you’re looking for the best no bake cookie recipe, this is it! This a great way to use up leftover cereal. They’re especially good in the summer because they don’t melt!
No Bake Peanut Butter Cereal Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups cereal
- 1 cups chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Measure cereal in a large measuring cup or bowl. Set aside.
- Melt peanut butter, corn syrup, and sugar over medium heat only until melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Stir.
- Pour cereal into peanut butter mixture. Stir.
- Add chocolate chips. Gently stir. They will start to malt so if you stir too much they will completely melt into the cookies instead of having whole pieces of chocolate.
- Using a cookie scoop drop cookies on prepared baking sheet. If desired you can sprinkle the tops of cookies with sea salt. It’s yummy!