Carrot Cake Cookies are thick, soft, and moist cookies made from a cake mix! Instead of having cream cheese frosting on top, they have cream cheese mixed right in the cookie dough!
Trust me! These cookies are much easier to make than a carrot cake, and you still get all the classic carrot cake flavors!
I’m not really a big cake fan, and carrot cake is at the bottom of my favorite cakes list anyway.
Somehow we ended up with a whole pantry full of cake mixes and all of a sudden I was all about carrot cake mix recipes!
These cookies are moist, chewy, and thick.
Plus, they’re made from a cake mix are so easy to make! Since the cake mix already has flour, salt, etc. there is very little measuring for this recipe! It’s a dump everything in and go kind cookies recipe!
Carrot Cookie Ingredients:
Easy carrot cake cookies are the BEST because you don’t need very many additional ingredients!
- Butter: Use real butter if possible. It gives the best flavor.
- Cream Cheese: Full fat is best. Reduced-fat has extra water and thins the cookie dough.
- Egg: Whole egg
- Carrot Cake Mix: I usually use Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, or Duncan Hein’s.
- Powdered Sugar: Sometimes called confectioners sugar.
- Extras: You can add walnuts, vanilla chocolate chips, or caramel chips if you want. I like these cookies plain.
How to Make Cookies from a Cake Mix:
STEP 1: Cream butter and cream cheese. Add egg. Mix.
STEP 2: Add dry ingredients. Mix.
STEP 3: Add extras.
STEP 4: Roll into balls. Roll in powdered sugar
STEP 5: Bake. Cool.
More Cake Mix Recipes:
Using a cake mix is such a lifesaver on busy days! Here are a few delicious recipes using cake mix that you’re going to love!
- Butterscotch Bar Cookies – best chewy bar cookies ever
- Strawberry Cookies – gooey cookies
- Mint Poke Cake – best holiday cake
- Strawberry Poke Cake – with sweetened condensed milk
- Raspberry Chocolate Cupcakes – with raspberry filling
- Rhubarb Dump Cake – with Jello
- Cake Mix Banana Bread – the best banana bread recipe ever
Carrot Cake Mix Cookies:
If you’re looking specifically for more carrot cookies from cake mix check these out!
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars – so much better than carrot cake
- Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies – cream cheese filling inside
Carrot Cake Mix Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 whole egg
- 16.5 ounce carrot cake mix just the dry mix
- 1 cup white chocolate chips see note
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add powdered sugar to a shallow dish and set aside.
- Cream butter and cream cheese together.
- Add egg and beat.
- Add cake mix and beat until incorporated.
- Add vanilla chips or another mix in. Stir to combine.
- Chill cookie dough for at least two hours.
- Shape cookies into one inch balls. Roll in powdered sugar. Set on parchement lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet then move to wire rack to completely cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Chopped walnuts
- Butterscotch chips
- Chopped Pecans
- Sizes of cake mixes vary. Use a 9 x 13 size cake mix.
- Chill the bowl of dough in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Or scoop cookies into balls and chill for 30 minutes. Then roll into balls and powdered sugar. Bake.