This Pork and Mushroom Quesadillas recipe is on repeat at our house because it can be made in about 30 minutes, and everyone loves them! Really! What’s not to love about layers of flavorful sliced pork, sauteed mushrooms, and onions, plus plenty of cheese?
Usually, January and February are “catch-up” months for me. The holidays and all that business are passed, and we’re not in farming yet. So, I typically use those months to kind of get my head above the water.
This year has been a different story though. I swear we’ve had something every single day of the week on top of Justin and I both working full-time jobs. I know! I know! Lots of moms and dads work full-time jobs and handle it! Since we both work for ourselves we don’t have a starting time or a quitting time and that means we work way more hours than we should.
What I’m saying is that life will always be busy! Figuring out dinner is one of those jobs that gets pushed to the last minute more often than not. So today I’m sharing another recipe for my quesadilla collection for another easy dinner idea!
Quick and Easy Dinner Ideas – Quesadillas
My favorite thing about quesadilla recipes is they are a perfect home for whatever leftovers I have milling around the fridge! That’s exactly how Breakfast Quesadillas were born. And they’re super quick, which is why I make Pizza Quesadillas when I don’t have time to mess with making pizza crust! Be sure to check out my Chicken and Ham Quesadillas, Chicken and Bacon Quesadillas, Cranberry Turkey Quesadillas, and Cheesesteak Quesadillas too!
These Pork Quesadillas are exactly the same way! It’s one of those recipes where you cook once and eat twice! This is how it goes!
Day 2: Use leftover pork from Day 1 to make these quesadillas. We love serving them with a green salad or oven-roasted potato chips.
Honestly, planning dinner ideas for two nights won’t get any easier than that!
Pork and Mushroom Quesadilla Ingredients
Like I said, use whatever leftovers you have on hand! The sky is the limit here and you can get as creative as you want! Here are our favorites
Tips for making the best quesadillas
There are a few little tricks I’ve learned since I discovered my love for quesadillas!
- Cheese is the glue that holds the quesadillas together! Don’t skimp on this part!
- You can add whatever fillings you want, although overstuffing might make the quesadilla harder to flip over.
- Using one tortilla, adding fillings to half, and folding the other half over to use as a top makes flipping easier (which means more fillings!)
- Cook quesadillas over medium heat. This helps melt/warm the fillings without burning the tortillas.
- I’ve heard that quesadillas make wonderful freezer meals, but I’ve never tried it because they are so quick and easy to make fresh. If you do freeze them, you’ll need to let them thaw, then fry them for a minute to make them crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside.
TIME-SAVING TIP: Saute the mushrooms and onions while the pork is cooking. All that’s left is frying the quesadilla!
Other Easy Pork Recipes
Here are a few of our favorite quick and easy pork recipes for dinner! They all use simple ingredients and are winners with my kiddos!
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops – throw it in the CrockPot and forget about it
- Mexican Pulled Pork Recipe – Pressure Cooker
- Mexican Pork Chili – the best flavors
- Pork Pizza – with leftover carnitas meat
- Pulled Pork Nachos – a great game day recipe
- Pork Chalupa – a slow cooker meal
Pork Mushroom Quesadilla Recipe
I’m pretty sure you guys are going to fall in love with quesadillas after you see how easy they are! Feel free to cook the pork in the pressure cooker then slice, shred, or dice it as you like. All that’s left is cooking it! Be sure to eat it right away because they are BEST hot!
You’re going to love these Pork & Mushroom Quesadillas…I just know it!
- 1/2 cup Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Fresh Pork Tenderloin
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 flour tortillas 10 inch
- 2 Tablespoon butter divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack, Colby Jack, or Cheddar cheese (divided)
- 4 mushrooms
- 1/8 cup onions
How to Cook the Pork
- Set pressure cooker to saute. Add olive oil. Using tongs add the tenderloins to the instapot. Let cook on each side for about 1 minute, then flip and cook the other side.
- Add chicken broth to pressure cooker and, close the lid, close steam valve, set pressure to high. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Let steam naturally releaase for 5 minutes. Open valve to completely release pressure. Move the pork to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice pork.
How to make Quesadillas
- While the pork is cooking I start prepping the rest of the ingredient for the quesadillas.
- Over medium heat melt half of the butter in a large skillet. Add sliced onions and mushrooms. Saute until they are soft and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove to a bowl.
- Once the pork is ready, add the remaining butter to the same skillet and heat over medium heat. As soon as the butter is melted add a tortilla.
- We're going to start layering the ingredients over half of the quesadilla. First, sprinkle half of the grated cheese over half of the tortilla.
- Next, add a layer of sliced pork.
- Spoon on mushroom and onions.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over mushrooms and onions.
- Flip the part of the quesadilla without any toppings over the other half to create a top.
- Cook until the bottom of the quesadilla is golden brown. Then flip. Cook the other side until it's golden brown.