Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops with Mashed Potatoes is the perfect meat and potatoes kind of meal! The pork chops are fork-tender, falling off the bone, yet they’re still moist and packed with flavor! Throw everything with pork chops in the CrockPot and come home to a comforting dinner!
My boys raise pigs for our local county fair every summer and we always raise a couple of extra pigs, so we have enough pork in the freezer for the rest of the year! We love all the cuts of pork meat, but the pork chops are so easy to throw in the slow cooker, so we go through those quickly!
In the summer we throw them on the grill, but in the winter Slow Cooker Barbecue Pork Chops are the way to go! This is the easiest dinner recipe in the world to make and everyone loves it!!
Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Potatoes
I’ve told you before that my family is a meat and potatoes family! I used to feel a bit guilty because I’m really not very good at side dishes. Sides almost always consist of potatoes in one form or another. I guess that makes sense since we live in Idaho! We love our taters and my kids go crazy for them so, I’m not going to feel bad about serving them at every meal!
Homemade Pork Dry Rub
You can use a store-bought barbecue rub if you’d like, but we love this one! It only takes a couple of minutes to throw together and I really like knowing exactly what’s in my dry pork rub. Besides that, it’s so much less expensive to make it yourself!
If you’re feeling ambitious you can make your own Homemade Barbecue Sauce, or you can use prepared barbecue sauce.
How Long to Cook Barbecue Pork Chops in Slow Cooker
One of my very favorite slow cooker tricks is to assemble everything and add it to the slow cooker ahead of time. Stick it in the fridge until it’s time to put it on the bast. Then all that’s left is setting the slow cooker on its base and cranking it on when you’re ready. It makes mornings, middays, afternoons, whenever you prep for dinner smooth!
How to make BBQ pork chops in slow cooker
STEP 1: Pat the pork chops dry, then rub both sides with the dry rub.
STEP 2: Layer the chops in the slow cooker, drizzling a little bit of barbecue sauce over each layer as you go.
STEP 3: Put the lid on. At this point, the slow cooker can be set right on the base to start cooking right now. Or, you can put it in the fridge for later.
STEP 4: Cook pork chops in the slow cooker on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 5-6 hours.
Baste with Additional Barbecue Sauce
Don’t we all love that gorgeous, sticky barbecue sauce coating on the top of the pork chops? It’s so easy to do and worth the couple extra minutes of effort!
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil makes easy cleanup.
- Preheat oven to broil. Set the top rack about 6-8 inches from the top of the oven.
- Remove pork chops from slow cooker and set them on a baking sheet.
- Add a little BBQ sauce to a dish, then baste the tops of the chops with a generous coating of sauce.
- Broil for about one minute, or until shiny and sticky. This gives the chops an extra boost of barbecue flavor!
FYI, the top layer of pork chops in the slow cooker will be darker than the bottom layers. They’re still delicious and sometimes even more flavorful because all that dry rub sticks right to them!
Sprinkle the BBQ chops with a little chopped parsley to give them a little freshness and a pop of green color.
What to Serve with Slow Cooker Pork Chops BBQ
Now that you have Slow Cooker Barbecue Pork Chops ready to go you might have time and want to up your side dish game! Here are a few of our favorite easy sides!
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Creamed Corn
- Marie Callendar’s Corn Bread
- Buttery Bacon & Garlic Peas
- Roasted Parmesan Green Beans
- Maple Glazed Carrots
- Easy Grilled Zucchini Packets
Check out these other barbecue pork recipes too!
Crockpot Barbecue Pork Chops is an inexpensive family-friendly meal!
You guys know how important family meals are to me. Sitting down altogether and enjoying each other is the highlight of my day!
There are days, however, when my kids trickle in one at a time and then they’re off, headed in their own direction. Sometimes it’s because we do shift work on the farm, and sometimes it’s because two of my kids are teenagers and they always have somewhere to go!
Even though we miss out on family mealtime, I do enjoy taking advantage of that one on one time I get when they eat in shifts. It takes all day to feed them when they are staggered, but it’s a bit like a little date with each one of them and I’ll take that all day long!
Grab the Slow Cooker Barbecue Pork Chops with Mashed Potatoes!
Grab your family, gather around, and enjoy dinner tonight!
Slow Cooker Barbecue Pork Chops
- 4-6 pork chops
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. course ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 1 c. barbecue sauce divided
- parsley for garnish optional
- Mix all seasonings together, except parsley.
- Rub both sides of pork chops with dry rub mix.
- Layer pork chops in slow cooker and drizzling a little barbecue sauce over each layer. Save about 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce for basting.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove pork chops from slow cooker and set on a baking sheet. Baste with remaining barbecue sauce. Broil about 6 inches from the broiler for about a minute, or until glossy and sticky.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired.