Halloween Sugar Cookie bars are just as yummy as traditional sugar cookies, only much quicker. Melt in your mouth sugar cookies topped with Halloween candy packed white chocolate bark a to die for combination. Halloween sprinkles make every kid immediately fall in love with them!
How are your Halloween costumes coming along? Let me just say, Halloween is NOT my favorite holiday. I’m not creative at all in the whole “sew or make” a costume department. I feel like it’s a waste of time to spend days sewing costumes my boys are only going to wear once and will most likely spill frosting and punch on it at school. Where I live its usually super cold at trick or treating time so the kids bundle up in coats and warm winter hats for trick or treating and no one can see their costume anyway. I know, buying a costume is an option too. Have you ever seen the price tags on some of those costumes? And all for a holiday I don’t even like? Besides that my kids aren’t into super heroes or other make believe characters. They want to be things like a bull rider (new sewing!), a cow (my mother in law gave us that costume), and a fisherman (he is a real fisherman). Thank goodness those costumes are simple and we can pull them together using things we already have.
I must admit, even though I don’t like Halloween, I really like fall decorations and cute Halloween food! I can’t resist walking past the fall baking isle and not grabbing a bottle of cute sprinkles, Halloween Oreo’s, and pumpkin spice pudding! It’s all so cute! I brought my cute lute home and knew exactly what I wanted to turn them into!
Sugar Cookies are a favorite, a classic. In an effort to save myself a little time, I turned them into sugar cookie bars. I love saving time!
About one minutes of microwaving, a little stirring, and the frosting is ready. It’s actually candy loaded bark and it’s delicious on sugar cookies!
Of course they need to be sprinkled with cute Halloween sprinkles!
Let them sit in the fridge for about 10 minutes, cut them up and try not to eat too many!
Be like me and dog out on the Halloween costumes and make these sugar cookies instead, trust me it’s more fun!
Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1 pkg sugar cookie mix mixed according to directions
- 2 c. white chocolate chips or white chocolate candy melts
- 1 c. Oreo's
- 1 c. Halloween M&M's
- 1 c. candy corns
- Halloween sprinkles
- Mix sugar cookies according to directions. Spread in a foil lined, or greased, 9" x 13" pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop Oreo's. Measure candy corns and M&M's, set aside.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. I melt chocolate at half power, stirring after 30 second. I continue until it is smooth. Add Oreo's, candy corns and M&M's. Spread evenly over sugar cookie bars. Sprinkle with Halloween sprinkles.
- Set in refrigerator to cool for 10 minutes. Cut in bars and serve. Store in an air tight container.
tried this recipe?
Make sure to share it with me! Leave a review or tag me on Instagram
Here’s a little more Halloween fun! https://pitchforkfoodie.com/salted-nut-roll-bars/
Robin Grant says
Hi Amy! I found you website while looking for Halloween treats for my class. This one looks like so easy and not a big mess – two things I love. Can’t wait to enjoy it.