I am a self declared Crispy Treat addict! How can something so simple be so dang yummy! All the different kinds of Halloween candy make each bite explode with chocolaty goodness!
Are you a Halloween candy hoarder? Do you steal your kids candy and make them share with the whole family? Do you let them do whatever they want with their candy?
I’m the candy hoarder type. I still have the Christmas candy I got in my stocking last year. Maybe even the year before. I’m saving it for a special day! If that special day ever comes, the day I decide to break out my year old candy, it will be stale! Oh well, I’m still saving it, just in case! I made a goal to start enjoying some of my belongings instead of just saving them all. I’m burning my best smelling candles, and sharing my two year old candy!
Go make these crispy treats before your candy is rotten! My kids didn’t even mind that I used some of their candy because they loved the crispy treats so much!
Gather up whatever kinds of leftover Halloween candy you have laying around, or hidden!
Give them all a rough chop.
Melt butter in a large microwavable bowl. Add marshmallows and microwave again until they are melted. Add vanilla and stir to combine.
Add cocoa crispy’s. Gently stir.
Add chopped Halloween candy. Gently stir to incorporate.
Put crispy treat mix in a greased 9″ x 13″ pan. Spray the top with cooking spray, it makes spreading so much easier. Then spread out with your hands.
If you have leftover Halloween sprinkles you can add them on top too. I pressed them down a little just to make sure they stuck.
Let set, if you can wait that long. Cut into squares and devour. Or at least that’s what I do. Seriously, I can’t be left alone with these things!
Now here is the family fun part of this post! Isn’t this the cutest little doctor you have ever seen? It almost makes me wish that I was hurt and he was my doctor.
This cute little boy really wants to be a doctor when he grows up. Actually a veterinary. And that’s why we are trying to help him save money like crazy.
Halloween Candy Crispy Treats
- 1/4 c butter
- 6 c. marshmallows
- 2 t. vanilla
- 5 c. cocoa crispy's
- 1-2 c. assorted candy bars chopped
- Halloween Sprinkles optional
- I use a large microwave safe bowl.
- Melt butter in bowl, about 30 seconds.
- Add marshmallows and microwave until melted. Between 1-2 minutes. Stir.
- Add vanilla, stir again.
- Add cocoa crispy's. Gently stir to incorporate.
- Add chopped candy bars and gently stir to combine. (I don't put the candy bars in with the crispy's or they will all get melted.)
- Put the crispy's in greased 9" x 13" pan. Spray the top of the crispy's with non stick a spray. Spread crispy's with fingers.
- Sprinkle with Halloween sprinkles. Press with fingers to make them stick.
- Cool and cut into bars.