Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are so EASY to make! They have a gooey caramel layer nestled between two layers of chocolate chip cookies!
Use your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough recipe, or tale a shortcut and make them with store-bought cookie dough. Either way, you’ll be addicted!
Caramel desserts are my husbands favorite desserts all the way! Salted caramel chocolate is even better!
These caramel cookie bars are both! They’re seriously so darn easy to make it’s dangerous! They’re gooey and salty sweet! So yummy!
Caramel Cookie Bars Ingredients:
I know how busy life gets! So I’m letting you in on my shortcut secrets today! Don’t feel bad about buying store bought cookie dough! 2 ingredient cookie recipes make life easier!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – As I said, use your favorite homemade cookie recipe, or buy prepared cookie dough.
- Dulce de Leche – You’ll find this near the sweetened condensed milk in the grocery store. It’s in a short can.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Caramel Bars:
To make cleanup easier line a pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
STEP 1: Press half of the cookie dough in the prepared pan.
STEP 2: Spread caramel over the top. Be sure to get it to the edges.
STEP 3: Top with the rest of the cookie dough.
STEP 4: Bake. Cool. Cut.
Little Dairy on the Prairie Pro Tip: Sprinkle coarse sea salt over the caramel layer to add a bit of savory flavor to offset all the sweetness! Salted caramel chocolate chip cookie bars are the way to go!
Other Easy Bar Cookie Recipes:
Bar cookies are so much easier than dropping cookies! When it’s all about saving time you’re going to love these easy cookie recipes!
- Butterscotch Bar Cookies – made with cake mix
- Peanut Butter Fudge Cookies – made with store-bought cookie dough
- Coconut Sugar Cookie Bars – drizzle with lime
- Mint Magic Bars – so decadent
- Oatmeal Fudge Bar Cookies – best chocolate filling
- Creamy Lemon Bars – with cream cheese
Chocolate Chip Caramel Bars Recipe:
Caramel Cookie Bars
- 18 ounce store-bought cookie dough or your favorite homemade chocolate chip cookie recipe
- 14 ounce dulce de leche
- to taste coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 9” x 9” pan with aluminum foil. Generously pray foil with baking spray.
- Press a little more than half of the cookie dough in the bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Spread dulce de leche over cookie dough. Sprinkle sea salt over caramel layer. Be generous!
- Crumble remaining cookie dough over dulce de leche.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool. Cut into squares.