Mint Chocolate Magic Bar Cookies are the most decadent magic bar in existence! They’re have a simple, yet delicious chocolate graham cracker crust, then they’re topped with chocolate chips, mint chips, crushed mint chocolate sandwich cookies, and luscious sweetened condensed milk! Besides being out of this world yummy, they’re extra pretty on a cookie tray for the holidays!
I can’t get my brain to quit thinking about all things mint chocolate! My dreams are pretty much made of Mint Chocolate Kiss Blossom Cookies, Mint Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies, Homemade Mint Oreos, No-Churn Mint Cookie Ice Cream, and Loaded Grasshopper Cookie Bars! I guess it’s fair to say I’m addicted!
Mint Chocolate Magic Cookie Bars are a perfect addition to the dream! I’m in love with the chocolate graham cracker base in these cookies. Do you already know how decadent and gooey-sweetened condensed milk makes magic bars, right? Add the mint and chocolate flavors in there and you’ve got one heavenly little bar cookie!
If you need a few other Christmas cookies be sure to try out my Gingersnaps, Snickerdoodles, and Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies!
Mint Chocolate Magic Bar Cookies require simple ingredients.
Here’s two tips for making these cookies.
- Use real butter! No exceptions! Real butter is where it’s at!
- After buying a package of mint chocolate sandwich cookies, hide it. If you don’t the children will devour it and there won’t be any left for magic bars! (Hide them from the hubby too! I think he eats them faster than the kids and it’s hard to punish him for it!)
What’s the easiest way to make a graham cracker crust?
Using a food processor is the easiest way to make graham cracker crusts. If you don’t have a food processor you can always use the old-fashioned method. Add crackers to a sealable bag and crush them with a rolling-pin. I don’t love this method because no matter how high quality my bag is, it always rips and little crumbs fall out. What can I say, I don’t like cleaning up messes!
Use the back of a flat bottom glass to press crumbs in a baking pan. You don’t want to press too hard here, but not too light either. Too hard creates a concrete hard crust, too light and you’ll have crumbs. Just press it nicely!
Sprinkle half of the mint chips, half of the chocolate chips, and all the chopped mint Oreos on top.
Oh my goodness! Sweetened condensed milk is life! It’s so stinking good! Please tell me I’m not the only one that eats it with a spoon! Drizzle that yumminess (minus a spoonful 😉) all over the top of the bar cookies!
Bake those bad boys up! As soon as they get out of the oven sprinkle the other half of the mint chips and chocolate chips over the top! This way they’ll stay on top and be really pretty!
Wait until the cookies have completely cooled, then cut into squares. You can trim the crusts off for prettier cookies, or leave them on if you’re an edge lover!
Mint Chocolate Magic Bar Cookies love ice-cold milk!
Trust me, you’re going to want an ice-cold glass of milk to enjoy with these cookies! They’re incredibly decadent, and oh so yummy!
Mint Chocolate Magic Bar Cookies lived up to the expectations of my minty dreams! My goodness, the crispy crust, and gooey top are a match made in heaven!
Every bite is roll your eyes in the back of your head amazing! I’m pretty sure you need these in your life ASAP!
What’s happening on the farm?
I usually like to add a little what’s been happening on the farm section on my posts because I know many of you enjoy taking a peek into life here on the farm.
Today, I’m showing you what happened when my last Saturday when Justin made, yes made, the boys stay home from work and help me! Yay for me, misery for them! They were supposed to be helping me put up the Christmas trees and all the decorations. They spent way too much time pretending like they were all three sitting on Santa’s lap, until the event turned into a fist fight!
There wasn’t a word of complaining when it was time to trim the tree with a chainsaw, because every activity is more fun when a chainsaw is involved!
And they were in complete unbelief when I told them that most of the time dads help set the Christmas tree up. Their dad is always at work and so I guess in their minds all dads work every single day of the week. They were good to help though and I had a BLAST getting to finally spend half of a Saturday with them before they had to go outside and back to work on the farm!
Here’s the Mint Chocolate Magic Bar Cookies recipe!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later. Here’s the printable recipe too!
Mint Chocolate Magic Bar Cookies
- 1 1/2 c. chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 c. melted butter
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1 c. semi sweet chocolate chips divided
- 1 c. mint chips divided
- 1 1/2 c. mint chocolate sandwich cookies chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with aluminum foil. Grease.
- Crush chocolate graham crackers until they are fine crumbs. You'll need 1 1/2 cups of crumbs. This is usually about one and a half sleeves of graham crackers for me.
- Melt butter in the microwave. Pour into food processor with crumbs. Pulse completely mixed in.
- Pour crumbs into prepared baking pan. Press with the bottom of a glass. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle half a cup of chocolate chips, and half of mint chips over crust. Sprinkle all chopped cookies evenly over crust.
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk evenly over chips in baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes-25 minutes. Be careful not to overbake or the magic bars will be dry.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips and mint chips.
- Cool. Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.
tried this recipe?
Make sure to share it with me! Leave a review or tag me on Instagram
I seriously need to give these a try! Looks AHHHmazing!
Amy Engberson says
They are so magically delicious! I can’t wait for you try them!
This looks like pure decadence to me! So tempting!
Amy Engberson says
Decadence is a perfect word for these cookies! They are perfect for the serious sweet tooth!
These look delicious! Love the mint spin on these bars!
Amy Engberson says
Thanks! Isn’t mint chocolate about the best winter flavor there is? This is a fun new way to enjoy it!
These are perfectly name because they do look magical!
Amy Engberson says
I love the magic! They are so gooey and disappear in a hurry! So yummy!
These bars look fully loaded! Love the mint chocolate twist on them, YUM!!