No-Bake Compost Cookies are the easiest 5-minute cookie recipe! They have a combination of killer flavors; peanut butter and chocolate plus salty and sweet! This simple no-bake version of classic compost cookies recipe can either be made in the microwave or on the stovetop!
What are compost cookies?
Typically compost cookies are baked cookies full of graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips, potato chips, and pretzels! If you haven’t had potato chip cookies you are missing out! There is something magical about the salty-sweet flavor combination in dessert recipes I can’t live without!
Sometimes compost cookies are called Everything but the Kitchen sink cookies because you throw leftovers in the bottom of the bag of whatever add-ins you have laying around! They feel a little bit like spring cleaning!
Besides these cookies being absolutely delicious and incredibly easy I can’t resist making them because they are called compost cookies! You know what you get when you have over a thousand cows in your backyard? Compost and a LOT of it! It’s stinky, but it’s our life!
Ingredients in Compost Cookies
That’s the best part about these cookies! You can use whatever ingredients you have on hand! Grab whatever is left in the bottom of the bag or box and throw it in!
As long as they add up to 4 cups of goodies you’re set! You choose what you like best! Here are some ideas to get you started
- Potato chips
- Graham crackers
- Toffee Chips
- Dried Banana Chips
- Peanuts, almonds, walnuts, etc.
You will also need
- chocolate chips- semi-sweet is best, but you can use milk chocolate or even a chopped up Hershey’s milk bar.
- peanut butter- chunky, creamy, whatever works
How do you make no bake compost cookies?
If you’re looking for an easy cookie recipe you are in the right place! These cookies can be made on the stove top and that’s a super-easy way to make them, but they can also be made in the microwave! Even easier!
STEP 1: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
STEP 2: Chop whatever add-ins you want in your cookies. Scour the pantry. You’ll need 4 cups.
STEP 3: Combine peanut butter and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl.
STEP 4: Microwave for one minute. Stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 30-second intervals until chips are completely melted and smooth.
STEP 5: Add chopped add-ins. Stir to combine.
STEP 6: Scoop with a medium-sized cookie scoop forming cookies.
STEP 7: Refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Cookies will get firm in the fridge.
STEP 8: Store in an airtight container in the fridge to keep the cookies getting gooey.
Other Easy No Bake Cookie Recipes
No bake cookies are the way to go! They’re so fast and easy compared to baking cookies! We love them so much that I’ve created lots of no bake cookies recipes! Try these!
- Twix Cookies – even better than the candy bar
- Classic Peanut Butter Chocolate No Bake Cookies – perfect every time
- Caramel Cookies – yep! No bake!
- Caramel Apple Cookies – filled with oats, apples, and salted caramel
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies – like O’ Henry bars in a cookie
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies – all the warm cozy spices
- Scotcheroos – with Chex cereal
Grab my Compost Cookies Recipe
Once you’ve had a compost cookie I’m sure you’ll be hooked! They’re especially amazing because you can customize them to include whatever you like! My favorite is adding at least a couple of salty sweet components! Yum! Grab a glass of milk and get ready to devour!
No Bake Compost Cookies
- 1 cup cornflakes roughly crushed
- 1 cup potato chips coarsely crushed
- 1 cup graham crackers coarsely chopped
- 1 cup pretzels coarsely chopped
- 2 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter I like chunky
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Chop whatever add-ins you want in your cookies. Scour the pantry. You’ll need 4 cups.
- Combine peanut butter and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for one minute. Stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 30-second intervals until chips are completely melted and smooth.
- Add chopped add-ins. Stir to combine.
- Scoop with a medium sized cookie scoop forming cookies.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
tried this recipe?
Make sure to share it with me! Leave a review or tag me on Instagram
Leave a Reply