Sunshine smoothies are healthy enough for breakfast, quick enough for a snack and yummy enough for dessert!
Smoothies are one of my favorite things to make. They are one of my favorite ways to sneak a few extra “good for you” foods into the kids. They never complain about drinking carrots with a straw like they do when they have to eat a pile of steamed carrots on their plates. It’s probably because they don’t know they are drinking carrots. I say, “What they don’t know won’t hurt them”.
You know what else rocks about smoothies? With my Vita Mix blender, I can make them in no time at all. It takes just a few minutes to make a healthy smoothie for the whole family. Most Moms don’t have more than one minute at 6:30 in the morning. Am I right?
Smoothies are such an easy way to use up any fruit that is a little overripe. Sometimes I gather all the bags of “almost gone” fruit from my freezer and throw them in a smoothie. Throwing food away makes me cringe. Seriously, my boys will drink any leftovers up in a smoothie! Today my Sunshine Smoothie cleaned up the overripe bananas, hard to peel oranges and vitamin packed carrots!
Make it a sunshiny day first thing in the morning with a vitamin packed Sunshine Smoothie!
- 2 bananas peeled
- 3 oranges peeled (I save time by using a knife to slice the peels off)
- 1 cup carrots peeled and sliced
- 1-2 cups ice
- 1/4 cup orange drink mix I used Tang
- Add all ingredients to blender. I started with one cup of ice and added more as needed to achieve the consistency I wanted.
- Mix until ingredients are smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve.