Don’t you just love finger food? Me too! For some reason it makes me feel like we are having a party when we break out the finger foods. Finger foods are perfect to snack on while watching a football game, playing board games, or just sitting on the deck snacking!
This one is a three-ingredient dip that takes about 5 minutes to make. And it will keep you coming back for more. Why are dips addicting like that? Go make some and we can be addicted together! We will convince ourselves that it’s okay because we are dipping carrots in it!
Soften some cream cheese. Beat it until it is light and fluffy.
Add a few tablespoons of pesto to the cream cheese. By the way, you can totally buy store-bought pesto, but you really need to check out my homemade pesto sauce! It’s amazing in a million recipes, this one included!
Smash a few sun dried tomatoes with the back of a fork. Chunks are just fine. Add tomatoes to the cream cheese mixture.
Beat just until combined. Taste and add more pesto or tomatoes if you want. Taste again, lots more times. Just to make sure it’s right!
I love spreading this dip on crackers. If you refrigerate the dip, let it come to room temperature before serving. Or else it will be stiff and break your crackers. Nobody likes broken crackers!
An addictive and versatile dip that is perfect with pita chips, crackers and fresh veggies! Sometimes I even use it for a sandwich spread, oh yum!
Pesto Dip with Cream Cheese
- 8 ounce cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 3 Tablespoon sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a small baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- Mix cream cheese with pesto. Spread in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. For layered dip spread cream cheese in the bottom of the dish, then spread with a layer of pesto. You'll need about 7 ounces of pesto to make layered dip.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Chop sundried tomatoes and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until warmed through and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with chips or crackers.
tried this recipe?
Make sure to share it with me! Leave a review or tag me on Instagram
This looks like the perfect snack! I love pesto for one thing. Then, to add in the cream cheese is just icing on the top. I buy low-sodium ritz crackers a lot and this looks like the perfect topping for this dip. Would come in handy while watching the Ravens play.
Amy Engberson says
Football food is the best! Enjoy the game (and the dip)!
Elaine Duckett says
Three ingredients, it doesn’t get any better than that. Crackers and veggies, a perfect snack.