How I love rhubarb!! I love being able to go out to the garden and pick it fresh. It makes me feel self-sufficient. A while ago we had some neighbors over for dinner. I decided that I would make this for dessert and our company couldn’t quit talking about this cake. Rhubarb Cobbler Cake is the perfect taste of summer to me.
Clean and dice some rhubarb into about 1/2 inch pieces.
Sprinkle with sugar and Jell-O.
Sprinkle marshmallows over Jell-O.
The oldest child (who once told me that he was the birthright child, which meant that he would be getting all of my earthly possessions when I died), made the cake for me.
Mix the cake batter according to package directions. Spread over the rhubarb and marshmallows.
Bake. I put aluminum foil over the cake for the last few minutes because it was getting too brown.
Cool. Serve with fresh whipped cream.
Rhubarb Cobbler Cake
- 6 cups diced rhubarb 1/2" dice
- 1 3 ounce package raspberry Jell-O
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 white cake mix prepared as package directs
- Cream for whipping
- Grease a 9x13 pan. Spread rhubarb in the bottom pan. Sprinkle with sugar and Jell-O. Cover with marshmallows.
- Mix cake as package directs. Pour over rhubarb and marshmallows.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes. I covered my cake with aluminum foil about 15 minutes before it was done.
- Cool and serve with freshly whipped cream.