Yesterday was 70 degrees here! Yay! I live for the summer! Warm sunny days put me in the mood for summer treats. I had been craving orange creamsicles for awhile, but you know I don’t live near the store, so I had to improvise! This is what I came up with, and I could NOT stop eating them!
I should have know I would love them, because I was already in the mood for orange creamsicles. And I am always in the mood for crispy treats. Trust me, it’s a match made in heaven.
In fact, when I was eating these I kept telling my kids how surprised I was that I like the Orange Creamsicle version as much as other chocolate versions I make. And that is saying something because I am a self proclaimed chocoholic! I can’t live without it! If I had to my family might not want to live with me!
Since these crispy treats resemble a popsicle I thought it would be fun to put popsicle sticks in them. The kiddos love it!
Celebrate the warmer weather with these fun and festive treats! It only takes a few minutes to throw them together and you can be back outside washing the car, pulling weeds or helping on the farm. All of which sound like more fun to me than being stuck in the house!
Orange Creamsicle Cripsy Treats
- 1/4 c. butter
- 6 c. marshmallows
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 T. orange jello dry mix
- 6 c. rice crispy cereal
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. butter
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 4 T. orange jello dry mix
- 1-2 T orange juice
- orange extract optional but recommended if you like a strong orange flavor
- Spray a 9" X 13" pan with cooking spray.
- In a large microwavable bowl, melt butter in microwave.
- Add marshmallows and toss to coat in butter. Cook in microwave until marshmallows are melted. About 1 minutes. Time will vary according to microwaves.
- Add vanilla and 3 T. orange jello. Stir until combined.
- Add rice crispy cereal. Stir until coated with marshmallows.
- Add white chocolate chips. Stir to evenly distribute.
- Spread crispy treats in greased pan. Press until even.
- Make frosting by adding butter, 4 T . Jello, orange extract and powdered sugar to a mixing bowl.
- Mix until combined. Add orange juice as necessary to reach desired consistency. Add more powdered sugar if frosting is too thin.
- Once you get desired consistency, beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. This helps dissolve the Jello.
- Spread frosting over crispy treats. Allow to set. Cut into squares.
- Add popsicle sticks if desired!