Last week our family went to a family reunion in Utah. We had so much fun getting reacquainted with family and getting to know family that we had never met. While we were there we took our kids to the movies (we never do that), and we went out to eat (we don’t do that in the summer either), we went swimming, and the boys had to look presentable for three days.
We got home and I asked the boys to help me clean out the car. They are such good boys that they jumped right in and we were done in no time. Then they laid down on the floor and sprawled out. That’s when my littlest boy said, “All in favor of putting on our work clothes say ‘aye’ “. The other two agreed. Pretty soon all three of them were rooting around in chicken coop and pig pen. They were so happy to be back to old work clothes and doing what they love. I love these boys!!
When we got home we were hot and tired. And ready for some home cooking. However, I wasn’t really in the mood to crank the oven up and slave over dessert. So I went to work on this pie. I love salty and sweet together, which I got, thanks to this pretzel crumb crust. It was very worth it. In fact, I still have two pieces in the freezer. Shshsh, Don’t tell anyone. I’m saving them for me!!
Crush pretzels into crumbs. I used my Vita Mix.
Melt butter and mix with pretzels.
Line the inside of a spring form pan with plastic wrap. Press pretzel crust mixture into pan. Freeze until filling is ready.
Beat softened cream cheese until light and fluffy.
Add sugar, lime juice and zest, chopped mint, and Greek yogurt. Mix until combined and smooth.
Fold in whipped topping.
I wanted my pie to have a little more color. I added a little bit of green and yellow food coloring gel.
Pour onto crust. Smooth. Freeze for 3 hours or overnight. Top with additional whipped topping. Garnish with lime and mint leaves.
The taste of fresh lime and mint are a sure summer favorite. Combine those yummy flavors with a salty pretzel crust and you will feel like you are drinking a mojito.
- 1 1/2 cup finely crushed pretzels
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- Juice from 2 limes
- Zest from 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh mint
- Yellow and green food coloring optional
- 1 1/2 cups whipped topping
- Whipped topping
- Lime slices
- Mint Leaves
- Line the inside of a 9" spring form pan with plastic wrap.
- Mix pretzels and butter together. Press pretzel crumbs into spring form pan.
- Freeze until filling is ready.
- Mix cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add lime juice and zest, sugar, yogurt. Mix together until smooth.
- Add food coloring if desired.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour onto crust and smooth.
- Freeze for 3 hours or overnight.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with additional whipped topping, Garnish with mint leaves and lime slices.
tried this recipe?
Make sure to share it with me! Leave a review or tag me on Instagram
Recipe adapted from Food and Family
I love to read about the boys, so glad they like to have work clothes on.