Asian Beef Noodles is a quick and easy weeknight meal idea that’s even faster than takeout! Use leftover steak to make it just minutes!
Add broccoli or other vegetables to make it a healthy meal!
I am a huge Pioneer Woman fan! I can relate to her very well because I grew up on a beef cattle ranch. We have similar lifestyles. Most of her recipes require normal ingredients and simple methods. That’s what attracted me to her Simple Sesame Noodles. Besides having most everything on hand, I new I would love it.
Of course I added steak because, well, I love steak and I always grill a few extras. Having leftover steak in the refrigerator gets me that much closer to a homemade meal the next day.
Adding broccoli is great way to get veggies into my kiddos (and hubby). The dressing or sauce, or whatever you call it on this dish has an amazing flavor. It feels healthy and still tastes yummy. Go figure!
I fried Raman noodles, sliced almonds and sesame seeds in a little butter. Sprinkle this on top of the whole thing. Oh my goodness! This crunchy concoction takes the whole thing over the top! I’m in love!
Put this on your list of quick summer meals. You are going to want a few light dishes that require little effort. Besides, like I said, it’s the perfect way to use up leftover steak.
Asian Beef and Noodles
- 12 ounces thin spaghetti noodles
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 2 T. sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 T. rice vinegar
- 7 T canola oil
- 1/4 c. water
- dash hot sauce
- 1 c. broccoli florets
- 1 grilled steak sliced into thin strips
- SESAME SEED TOPPING:
- 1/4 c. butter
- 2 pkg ramen noodles don't use seasoning
- 1/2 c. sliced almonds
- 1/4 c. sesame seeds
- SESAME SEED TOPPING:
- Break ramen noodles into pieces.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add almonds and ramen noodle pieces. Suatee until golden brown.
- Add sesame seeds and toss until golden brown. They will cook fast.
- Set aside.
- ASIAN BEEF AND NOODLES:
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain
- Mix together soy sauce, sugar, garlic, rice vinegar, oil, vinegar, hot sauce and water.
- Cook broccoli until crisp tender. Slice steak on a diagonal.
- Add noodles, steak and broccoli to a serving bowl.
- Pour sauce over noodles, steak and broccoli. Toss to coat.
- Top with sesame seed topping.
- Serve immediately
Adapted from Pioneer Woman