Sea Salt, Cherry, and Pistachio Bark satisfy all of my usual cravings in one bite! This bark thin so you don’t have to feel guilty about eating several pieces!
If you have been hanging out with me for a while you know that I have a serious soft spot for the classic salty sweet combo. I have a soft spot for other things too like boys (I live with four of them), beef (we raise our own, and cute purses! I know it’s a crazy combination!
I saw “Bark Thins” the other day I knew I wanted to try making some thin bark at home. Since it’s thin, it’s supposed to help keep me from consuming too much chocolate. I already had cherries and pistachios so I decided to try that combination. I used dark chocolate since it’s supposed to be better for you and curb cravings.
Chop the nuts and cherries pretty finely. Microwave the chocolate for a little bit. I always microwave my chocolate at about half power. Mix the nuts and cherries in with it.
Spread the goodness on a parchment lined baking sheet. I spread mine as thing as possible. Remember, the whole less calories idea?
Sprinkle a few extra cherries, pistachios and sea salt on top. Run the bark downstairs, to the basement and consider it exercise for the day! My storage room is cool and I wanted the bark to set quickly so I put it down there.
Break it into pieces and try not to convince yourself that you can have three times as much because it’s extra thin!
Sea Salt, Cherry and Pistachio Bark
- 2.6 ounces dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup dried cherries finely chopped
- 1/3 cup pistachios finely chopped
- Sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Break chocolate bar into squares. Place them in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave at half power for 1 minutes. Stir. Continue microwaving in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until chocolate is melted.
- Reserve a few Tablespoons of pistachios and cherries for sprinkling on the top.
- Stir the rest of the cherries and pistachios in the chocolate.
- Spread about 1/8″ thick on parchment paper.
- Sprinkle reserved cherries and pistachios on top. Sprinkle with course sea salt!
- Patiently let bark cool. Break into pieces.