As the summer goes on life on the “little dairy” gets busier and busier. Most of the time lunch is served as one meal here, and one meal there. It’s very common for Justin to call me and tell me that he is walking home for lunch right now. And that he only has 15 minutes before he has to leave. So, I need to have a few meals in my arsenal that can be thrown together in just a minute. In the summer, I usually have some leftover grilled meat and any of them taste great in this salad. Although, steak is my favorite. You just can’t beat a salad hearty enough to be lunch. Besides it’s ready in a jiffy and I don’t even have to cook!!
Start boiling pasta according to directions on package. Four minutes before the pasta is done cooking add chopped asparagus. Continue cooking and drain.
Meanwhile, slice grilled steak (I had some leftover).
Cut some lettuce.
Chop some tomatoes. I wish I would have had cherry tomatoes. But you know I don’t live near the grocery store. And it’s the summer and I don’t go to town unless I have to in the summer.
And grate some parmesan cheese.
And pretend like I took picture of all of these things.
Mix Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper and sugar together.
Whisk it until the ingredients are all combined and the sugar is dissolved.
Throw everything into a bowl and toss with dressing. And lunch is ready.
Pasta and Steak Salad
- 8 oz. pasta I used rotini
- 1 cup asparagus diced
- 2 cups green leaf lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sliced grilled steak
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Four minutes before pasta is cooked add diced asparagus to pasta. Continue cooking then drain and rinse with cold water.
- Cut lettuce into bite size pieces. Add sliced steak, tomatoes and cheese (reserve a little for garnish). Add pasta and asparagus. Toss together.
- Add dressing to salad and toss. Serve with additional cheese for garnish.
- Mix lemon juice and zest, yogurt, mayo, olive oil, sugar, salt and pepper together.
tried this recipe?
Make sure to share it with me! Leave a review or tag me on Instagram
Leave a Reply