Last year on St. Patrick’s Day I decided to make “Green Eggs and Ham”. I didn’t want use food coloring and used spinach instead! Yum! Not only were the eggs super cute without using dye, they were so yummy. We have been eating them on a regular basis ever since!
Green Eggs and Ham are so versatile. Someday’s I layer them on top of toast to make an open faced sandwich. It’s pretty yummy to sprinkle cheese on top and slide the sandwiches under the broiler just until the cheese is nice and bubbly.
If I am really ambitious I layer them on top of a fried ham steak! Of course adding lots of spinach makes the eggs extra green and taste more like spinach. Play with how much spinach looks and tastes good to you.
When I am really in a hurry I dice some ham and add it right in while I am cooking the eggs. It’s just a little quicker and still has everything right there together. I have to say though, Green Eggs and Ham Sandwiches are my favorite. Especially when they are dolled up with tomatoes and cheese!
Green Eggs and Ham Sandwiches are a go to breakfast for the days when my kids are headed out the door before they have a chance to sit down and eat. I wrap these sandwiches up and send my kiddos on their way!
Which ever way you choose to serve these Green Eggs and Ham you and your kids will love them. They are great for adding a little excitement to the breakfast rotation.
Green Eggs & Ham Sandwich
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach more or less to taste
- 1 T. milk
- season salt and pepper to taste
- 1 T. butter
- 4 slices deli ham
- 4 slices bread toasted and buttered
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- tomato slices optional
- Crack eggs in a blender. Add spinach and milk. Blend on low speed only until spinach is pureed.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Melt butter. Add eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook as desired.
- Layer one slice of toast with half of the cheese, eggs, deli ham and tomato if desired. Top with another slice of buttered toast.
- Repeat with other half of toast, cheese, eggs, ham and tomato.
- This sandwich would be even better if you spread a little mayo on the toast! Very naught!!
tried this recipe?
Make sure to share it with me! Leave a review or tag me on Instagram
Rach @ EazyPeazyMealz says
I find myself on your site way too often! Haha okay, no such thing. But once again your post caught my eye on a link party. I think we need to be friends. Looks fun and tasty!
Elaine Duckett says
Another quick and easy meal. I love scrambled eggs for dinner, so whether you serve ity for breakfast, lunch or dinner, it would be super yummy.
Using the spinach to turn the eggs green is awesome, protein and veggies all rolled into one.