You know those mornings when you wake up and you know you are going to need chocolate? Chubby Hubby Muffins are packed with not only chocolate but peanut butter too! Throw bananas in the mix, and you have got it all!
I have had peanut butter on the brain lately. I can’t help myself. I’ve been thinking about creating a peanut butter muffin recipe. I had my sleeves rolled up and was ready to head to work concocting some muffins. I happened to wander past the bananas and right then and there I had a light bulb moment! I knew bananas would make my peanut butter muffins extra moist!
Chubby Hubby Muffins are packed with peanut butter, bananas, and chocolate and peanut butter chips! I could practically mix all of those things together in a bowl and eat them with a spoon. (Minus the bananas, I really don’t like them by themselves.)
I had two friends who I had been meaning to bring dinner to, and never seemed to get around to it. I whipped up these muffins and my favorite breakfast casserole to share!
One of our friends actually works for us, and needed a meal. On his way home from work he came over and grabbed the casserole and muffins. Apparently, he tried one muffin on his way home from work and decided not to share with the rest of his family! Ya, they are that good! Be careful of they will make a hoarder out of you!
These muffins are a quick recipe. It took me no time at all to throw them together. Whether you serve them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack they are going to bring chocolatey smiles to your little families’ faces! Promise!
Chubby Hubby Muffins
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 1 c. whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 3 T. butter softened
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c. milk
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin cups with paper liners.
- Mash bananas. Set aside.
- Beat peanut butter, brown sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add eggs, bananas and milk. Beat until smooth.
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder together in a separate bowl. Stir into wet ingredients only until combined.
- Fold in peanut butter and chocolate chips if desired.
- Spoon batter into muffin liners.
- If desired sprinkle tops with additional peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to completely cool.