Traditional pumpkin pie is one of my favorite kinds of pie. The other day I was daydreaming about chocolate chip cookie pie, it’s so good.
While I was thinking about that…I decided that it would probably be really yummy to take a spin on it and turn it into a Pumpkin Blondie Pie. My idea was a good one because it was so good!
It’s a little bit like a blondie. I can taste similarities between a pumpkin pie and this. And the three different kinds of chips remind me of a cookie.
All of those things are good, so you can imagine how good this is. Actually, don’t imagine anymore. Just go make it! Let me know if you love it!
Cream together butter and sugars for about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and beat for a minute.
Stir in pumpkin puree.
Sift flour, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, and salt into the creamed mixture. Mix until combined.
Add semi-sweet, white chocolate, and butterscotch chips. Stir until they are distributed.
Pour the filling into a pre-made chocolate pie crust. Or, if you are ambitious and have time make your own. Spread filling to the edges.
Let it cool. Serve it with lots of freshly whipped cream, it offsets all of the sweetness from the pie. Because I wanted it to look fancy I added a few chocolate curls for garnish.
Pumpkin Blondie Pie
- 1 9 ” chocolate pie crust
- 3/4 c. butter softened
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. pumpkin
- 3/4 c. flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. each butterscotch chips semi sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips
- Freshly whipped cream
- Chocolate curls for garnish optional
- Cream butter and sugar together for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and cream for 1 minute.
- Add pumpkin and mix to combine.
- Measure dry ingredients in a separate bowl or sifter. Add to creamed ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Stir in all three kinds of chips.
- Pour filling in crust. Spread to edges.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
- Cool. Serve with freshly whipped cream. Garnish with chocolate curls if you are into that kind of thing!