Let me tell you I’ve got Vanilla Wafers on my mind. I wanted to make a no bake dessert really bad because it has been in the 90’s here and I don’t have air conditioning. I kinda want to buy it. Not so much because I can’t take the heat. I want it because I can’t take the smell of the dairy on hot days. I’m tired of the dust too. All the semi trucks delivering feed to our dairy drive right behind my house on a dirt road. Really though, it’s the smell of all the hot cow poop right outside my window that I’m not lovin! Anyway, back to the Vanilla Wafers. I can’t bear to turn my oven on and I NEED a dessert. I had the perfect recipe in my head. In the pantry I went to grab my wafers and low and behold, they were GONE. I guess I could have used the crumbs. The big boss always leaves the empty box in the pantry. I guess he doesn’t believe in garbage cans. Anyway, I had to create a different recipe using graham crackers instead. Maybe it was a blessing because Key Lime Greek Yogurt Cheesecakes are good!
I buy boxes of graham crackers by the cart full this time of the year. I do NOT want to have a craving for s’mores and be stuck without graham crackers. Anyway, I whipped up this graham cracker crust and then nuked it for a few seconds so it would stick together a little better.
You know I am in love with Greek yogurt so it seemed likely to add it to my cheesecake. I used Chobani. Yum!
After I finished making these, I couldn’t stop licking the beaters and the bowl. The Big Boss came in so I had to share one beater with him. I was nice even though he ate all my vanilla wafers.
Top with sliced strawberries and you are good to go! A little lime zest makes them super cute too!
You know I love cute food and these are the cutest! Of course it would have been faster to put them in store bought graham cracker crust. And I won’t judge you if you do. If I had one in my pantry I might have used it too. But these are cute!
Key Lime Greek Yogurt Cheesecake
- 1 sleeve graham crackers
- 3 T. butter
- 1 T. brown sugar
- dash salt
- 1 8 oz. pkg Neufchatel cheese room temperature
- 1 5.3 oz Key Lime Greek yogurt I used Chobani
- 2 key lime zest divided
- 2 key limes juice
- 4 T. sugar
- dash salt
- green food coloring as desired
- Strawberries sliced
- Crush graham crackers into crumbs.
- In a microwave safe mixing bowl, melt butter. Add graham cracker crumbs, sugar and salt. Stir.
- Press into jars or microwave safe pie plate. If using a pie plate use a small one.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- Beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and beat again.
- Stir in Greek yogurt.
- Add zest from one lime and juice from 2 limes and salt. Stir.
- Add green food coloring until you get desired color of green. This is optional!
- Spoon into pie plate or jars.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- TO SERVE:
- Slice strawberries and put on top of cheesecakes just before serving.
- Garnish with reserved lime zest.
Your mouth will love the refreshing and creamy taste of Key Lime Greek Yogurt Cheesecake. Your hips will love how healthy they are. So much to love about these! Here’s to one more no bake dessert to add to your recipe box for a hot day! Enjoy your air conditioning!