Kids will be licking their bowl after their Chocolate Greek Yogurt Parfait is gone. You will let them because you know they are actually getting chock full of “good for you” stuff from the Greek yogurt and fruit!
You know I am a huge Greek yogurt fan! I add it to everything! Well that’s because I know it’s packed with essential vitamins my kids need. It’s loaded with calcium, potassium, protein (twice as much as regular yogurt), zinc, B6 and B12 vitamins. The probiotic cultures help my family stay healthy during long winter months or during the busy summer months. It’s rare to find a food that is so tasty and still healthy! June is Dairy Month and I’m still celebrating by bringing you a few more recipes that are full of dairy products.
I love Greek Yogurt Parfaits, my boys aren’t as big of fans. They like them and everything, just not as much as I do. I decided to switch things up a little bit to see if I could get the boys to be excited about Greek yogurt parfaits. I knew chocolate would excite them. I remembered being at a dairy meeting one time where they were discussing flavored milk. It’s true. Plain milk is better for kids than flavored milk. However, flavored milk is better than NO milk. I incorporated that same theory into my Greek yogurt parfaits. Chocolate Greek yogurt parfaits are better than no Greek yogurt parfaits!
I added a little chocolate milk mix to Greek yogurt and it was delish! Layer any fresh, or frozen fruit, and you have a beautiful Chocolate Greek Yogurt Parfait! Adding a few mini chocolate chips may or may not be optional! The kids eyes do open a little wider when they see the chocolate chips for breakfast. Come to think of it, these parfaits are chocolaty enough, they would make a healthy dessert too!
I added a spoonful of plain Greek yogurt to the top just because I thought it looked pretty. Anyway, you will get your kids running to the breakfast table with these! Yummy! Let the bowl licking begin!
Chocolate Greek Yogurt Parfaits
- 32 ounces Greek yogurt plain or vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate milk powder granulated
- 2 cups strawberries
- 4 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Stir granulated chocolate milk mix into Greek yogurt until incorporated. Use more or less chocolate milk mix to taste.
- Layer chocolate Greek yogurt and fruit in cup. I think glass is pretty so you can see the layers.
- If you reserved some yogurt, spoon it on top of parfait.
- Sprinkle top with chocolate chips if desired.
- Fruit- an assortment of fruit is fun. Try raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and bananas.
- Whipped Cream – it’s fun to add whipped cream to the top
- Nuts – add chopped nuts for a little crunch
- Sprinkles – kids love adding a few sprinkles